Spots or stripes of light and dark patches, mainly seen in metallic finishes.
1. Uneven basecoat application
2. Basecoat flash-off time too short prior to application of clearcoat
3. Basecoat applied too wet or too thin
How to avoid
1. Apply basecoat evenly.
2. Keep to recommended flash-off times.
3. Apply the basecoat as recommended in the technical data sheets
If clouding/mottling occurs during the application of the basecoat, compensate by spraying a mist coat (basecoat) over the affected area. If clouding/mottling occurs after the clearcoat has been applied, allow to dry, sand down, and repaint.